Every Monday (6C) and Tuesday (6AB) we will read a news article from breakingnewsenglish.com. You will have the opportunity to choose skills and activities to practice. Every second week we do a short comprehension test.
WEEK 10-11: Ikea starts selling furnitures for gamers
1.) Read the article. Difficult words? Check them out, and take notes.
2.) Listen to the text (choose speed and AmE or BrE). Practice to read aloud.
3.) Translate by “pratöversätta”.
4.) Answer questions.
5.) Make a short summary.
Choose an activity or two:
– Write a summary and record it, as if this is latest news on world wide television.
– Re-write the text and make it “tasty”, add images and extra information.
– Gap fill.
– Google this news. Any more information?
– Choose one or two furnitures and prepare a presentation.
– Practice a read aloud.
– Write a letter to IKEA and ask them what “appeal to female gamers” is?
– Make a Quizlet-deck and practice vocabulary.
– Design your own “gaming-room” and make a presentation.
ASSIGNMENT: Comprehension test EN_Breaking_ikea
Images from ikea.com, breakingnewsenglish.com and theverge.com.
Extra: “Furniture that puts gaming first” (IKEA.com)